Sending fresh flowers from bloomstoday.com to a new mother can raise you to the level of sainthood for your thoughtfulness and understanding. New moms experience a wide range of emotions, and while they look positively radiant with a new baby, many are weeping inside with totally normal feelings. ” ‘Baby blues’ affect as many as 60 to 80 percent of childbearing women during the first year of their baby’s life, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Lack of sleep and hormonal changes can wreak havoc, leaving you tired, emotional and sad. ‘Take care of yourself. Simple to say, hard to do,’ says Nancy M. Silva, M.D., fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and board-certified pediatrician in Brandon, Florida. [parenting.com]
In addition to the ultimate thrill of having delivered a real little baby is the reality of the responsibility, some serious sleep deprivation and hormonal imbalances. New moms are weary, physically and emotionally, and they can feel isolated initially and may feel distressed about missing work, but conflicted in never wanting to leave their baby to return to work. First time mothers need emotional support, and a lush bouquet of fresh flowers or artisan roses are a wonderful way to raise the spirit, warm the heart and stand alongside a new mom emotionally, from across the country or down the block. Some suggestions:
- Pure Happiness – a whimsical, eclectic medley of color and joy in daisies, roses, button poms and more
- Classic All White with Cross Ornament – pure like the new baby with charming cross ornament for baby’s room
- Vibrant Garden Bouquet – gorgeous colors in beautiful hand-picked and hand-arranged assortment
- Artisan Roses – colors to choose from (pink for girl, lavender for boy, red for mom?) secured with vintage twine in brown paper
- Oceanside Garden – white, yellow and blue blooms in a cobalt blue vase, perfect if “it’s a boy”
- Perfectly Pink – exquisite bold lilies, roses, carnations and more, perfect if “it’s a girl”
Beyond emotions, there are challenges with car seat straps, inserting little arms and legs into onesies and mastering diaper tabs. To care well for a baby, a new mom must take care of herself. Rest, connecting with other moms, walking, consuming plenty of water, eating healthy and sleeping whenever an opportunity presents itself are imperative.
Brilliant, fresh, long-lasting flowers at home are another reminder of the outside beauty crafted by Mother Nature and inside beauty of the sender. You are loved, valued and treasured, and a special someone recognizes the power of flowers and the power of the sentiment they convey.
By Joanne M. Anderson
Tags: Baby Boy, baby flower, Baby Girl, Blue Flowers, congratulations flowers, congratulations gift, Flowers for her, gift for boy, gift for girl, New Baby, new baby flowers, new moms, Pink Flowers, pure happiness, trending, vibrant garden