Behind every great one of these [fill in the blank] is a great one of these [administrative professional]. They are the glue that keeps the place together, like the mortar that holds the bricks from sliding. They are the ones who get things done. They are diligent in their pursuit of operating an office, a building, a shop, a company, a warehouse, a household like a well-oiled machine. They. Are. Administrative. Professionals. Without which … well, we won’t go there.
To send a bouquet of flowers for the week of April 26 is a no brainer. Paperwork abounds in our society, and Administrative Professionals are also known as nurses, receptionists, paralegals, support staff, data input clerk, insurance specialist, bookkeeper, word processor, front desk clerk and gal or guy Friday. Do you have a guy Friday? Send him a beautiful peace lily, other green plant or Trees of Tribute, where 10 trees will be planted in his name in a national forest. And he gets a certificate. You know who they are, and no matter what their title, each one contributes value to the bottom line with his or her presence.
With the increase in clerical workers during World War II, the National Secretaries Association was founded to recognize their value and attract people to the secretarial and office pools. Since 1998, it has been called the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP). National Secretaries Week began in 1952, and Wednesday was declared Administrative Professionals Day inside of Administrative Professionals Week, the last full week of April.
Since you may not be able to lean on your own administrative professional to order these special flowers, we’ve listed several of the all time favorite floral arrangements among office workers. They are known for brilliant, beautiful colors, stunning vases, creative style and lasting memories. And the bloomstoday.com professionals are standing by on the phone and website chat feature to make this a smooth, easy experience for you to honor your Administrative Professional.
- Dash of Daisy ~ whimsical daisies gathered with yellow poms and pops of red roses
- FTD® Dramatic EffectsTM ~ white Peruvian lilies in company with red roses and purple poms
- Vibrant Garden Bouquet ~ colorful medley of orange, blue, lime, purple, greenery
- FTD® Blooming BountyTM ~ sweetness personified in a whitewash basket of white, lavender and chartreuse
- Shimmering Blue with Pink Vase ~ white alstroemeria punctuated with charming bright pink roses in keepsake dusty mauve vase
- Dish Garden with Fresh Cut Flowers ~ especially suitable for the guys, living green plant in natural woven basket and a few blooms
- Twilight Sunset Bouquet ~ exquisite large lilies blossoms keeping company with sunny yellow roses and blue delphinium
- Florist Choice Fruit & Gourmet Basket ~ the best of the best in fruit and gourmet chocolate
- FTD® Encircling Grace Fruit & Plant BasketTM ~ heart warming handled keepsake basket with fresh fruit and fresh flowering plant
By Joanne M. Anderson